Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Back again...

So it's official: my life has never been busier than in the last 6 weeks. I seriously don't know where the time goes! I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to be Superwoman. Don't think I'll ever get close to Superwoman status, but I think I deserve an A(+++) for effort! I have been spending about 30 hours a week taking care of my Circle K responsibilities as well as juggling school, babysitting and the usual daily things. That "me time" is hard to come by, but I haven't given up just yet!

This past week has been pretty good in terms of having a little time to catch up on things and relax a bit. I hosted a Banquet for my division this weekend and I basically collapsed from shear exhaustion when it was over. I spent the majority of Saturday sleeping and doing homework. I managed to get in two gym sessions so far this week but I'm not sure if I'll be able to squeeze in any more before heading out of town on Friday. Monday was just cardio and abs and yesterday we did a nice 30 minute strength training workout after a 20 minute cardio warm up (10 min treadmill/ 10 min elliptical). Not too shabby!

In terms of food, here are a couple things I ate this week!

 I made some simple Fettucine with peas, broccoli and bacon (I used low fat alfredo and made sure to drain the bacon grease before tossing everything together).

The other day Karina and I tried one of the cafes on campus. We both got the chicken lettuce wraps in a spinach tortilla. Pretty good for campus food!

Anyway! That's about all I have time for today. I'm doing some interviews tonight and then heading out to a meeting. Oh anddddd... I'm turning 20 tomorrow! I've tried to suppress my excitement but seriously... birthdays are one of my favorite things in the world and I can't wait! I have no big plans because I've just been too busy to get anything together. That being said, I still feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight! In my next post, I will no longer be a teen!!!! Yippee!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment