Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring Break Recap

My spring break is winding down. For the most part it's been pretty uneventful yet somehow I was able to stay busy the whole time. I spent lots of time on Skype with the incoming Presidents I will be helping this year and lots of time reading policy codes and by- laws. Not the most exciting thing, but definitely helpful and very informative! I got to visit with a few good friends and sleep in every.single.day. It was divine!

In terms of eating, this week has been a little bumpy. I've found myself eating out a lot with friends and not paying as much attention to my body when it's clearly telling me it's full. For the most part, I have been making good choices but I always feel like my healthy eating train wrecks when I'm at home (home as in not at school). Something about the familiarity of being at home and not being as rigid with my choice making... definitely a mentality thing that I'll need to keep working on.

I've definitely been getting my exercise in, which has been really fun! Mostly cardio (I don't know if picking up kids and carrying babies around counts as "strength training" but that's as close as I got). In high school, I babysat, pet sat and house sat A LOT so I have lots of families that I like to visit when I'm back in town. It's been fun seeing all my little kiddos growing up and it's also been fun taking all the dogs out on hikes with me. I adore dogs, but we don't have one because my mom is allergic. This is the closest we'll get...
My gargantuan rabbit... We think he's part Flemish Giant, part Rex ;)

Overall, it's been a great week. Here are a couple pictures!

 My older brother and I at Tomatina :-)

                One of my best friends, Natalie!                                       Delicious pasta (got to bring some home!)

 Uphill run with T+C! It was 80 degrees out!

             
 My favorite dog in the whole wide world and his new partner in crime, 10 month old Cricket :)

That's all I have for now, hope you're all enjoying these last few days of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment