Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Birthday and Momma's Day!

A few big things have happened since my last post, the first being my 20th birthday! I know, I have no right to say "I feel old", but dang it I feel old!! I have two whole decades under my belt, I've had my license and my passport long enough for them to need renewing and I am almost officially half way done with college. I also recently saw some of the kids that I started taking care of in high school and it occurred to me that I've know their mom since before all three of them existed (the oldest is almost 4 and 1/2 now). So crazy!

Anyway, my birthday was on April 25th and I had a lot going on so I didn't think I was going to celebrate much. Lucky for me, I have great room mates and one of them got a bunch of our friends together and we all went out and had Thai food. It was delicious! Also, all of my home club Circle K'ers surprised me with some goodies and really sweet gifts. I love them!

Birthday treats!


I wound up having a great day and I also got to spend the weekend with the CKI District board in Southern California which was also really fun!

This past weekend was Mother's Day and I was able to go home and spend a little bit of time with my own Mama! She's the best in town :-) I also got to see my best friends, one of whom just returned from school in North Carolina and I hadn't seen her in 5 months!
My parents after church on Sunday 

 Some of the photos from my scrapbooks 

I am super lucky in that my mom was home when I was growing up (until she went back to school when I was 8). She was a consultant for a scrapbooking company so it was kind of like her job to chronicle my childhood in photo albums. I have two volumes filled solely with photos from when I was born until I was six or so! I'm so grateful for those and my brother and I always have a good time looking through our scrapbooks. 

On a completely random side note, I also made a delicious snack since I last posted. I was inspired by a recipe I saw on Peanut Butter Fingers (a blog that I read religiously). It's for a sweet and salty popcorn treat! 

Decadent Popcorn Treat:

  • 1 cup plain popcorn (I used the pre- popped stuff from TJ's, it comes in the purple bag)


  • 2tbs nut butter (I used peanut but almond butter is also good)


  • Sprinkling of dried cranberries and butterscotch chips (I also had a few chocolate covered raisins on hand)


Basically all you do is throw your popcorn in a bowl with all the add ins. In a separate  bowl, melt down your nut butter so it's runny and pour it over your popcorn. Here's what my final product looked like! 

 

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment