Friday, September 13, 2013

Major Catch Up

Welp... it's been awhile. A long while! I didn't think life could get any crazier, but man was I wrong. This summer has been a blast, but it has also been busier than I ever thought possible. Only two weeks until fall quarter starts, but I am chomping at the bit to get back to school. Never thought I would be one to say this, but summer needs to be over already. I am 110% ready for fall weather, cozy sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, apple picking, rainy days and holidays! I am also really looking forward to getting back into the school routine with regularly scheduled work outs, Circle K craziness, a NEW job (like I really need another one of those...) and just being back in Santa Cruz. Since moving home (well that's kind of a joke and you'll soon see why), I haven't been in one place for more than 5 days unless it was away from home. This blog post would literally be the length of a book if I wrote about my whole summer in detail, so I will try and capture the gist of all my adventures in a few short words and lots of photos!

Warning: I spent my entire summer traveling and visiting friends and 95% of the past 3 months was filled with Circle K :) It was insanely awesome, but it was definitely exhausting and I am feeling a little burnt out from all the craziness. These photos are not in chronological order, just snapshots from all over!

Cliff jumping at Emigrant Gap
Enjoying a guest lecture at Leadership Academy in Indiana 

Cooking for 60 hungry presidents and officers




Our tent village at Lake Isabella

The harbor in Vancouver, BC

View from the Silver Legacy in Reno

Some of the amazing leaders of Cal-Nev-Ha CKI

My wonderful "family" at Leadership Academy

Gracie, the bear at Animal Ark outside of Reno, NV

The view from Animal Ark

                                                       
Team building activities at Leadership Academy 
The playground we managed to build in the pouring rain at Laurier Elementary in Vancouver, BC. One of the most meaningful projects I've ever participated in!

Summer fruit after a great workout

Got to eat so many heirlooms, straight off the vine while house sitting this summer. I LOVE tomatoes! 

My beautiful best friend from school, Annie, and I celebrating Michelle's Birthday and the end of school!
Yummy asian noodle soup
Black tea with boba from my favorite tea place








                                                 
                                            Snacks! 

Hiking with my mama (who turned 61 today!)
Some QT with this cu-tie ;)


                                       
                             Lots of delicious summery dinners! 
That's basically my summer in a nutshell! Here's a map, just in case you got lost :)



I'm headed to SoCal for one last trip on Sunday, but after that I should be back on the Healthy Eats blogging bandwagon. More catching up to come later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment